Castle Hill are the Under 9 Kent Cricket Board Super 8 Champions 2015!
Angus Hall, Harry Leach, Robert Vizard, Noah Flannagan, Archie Steddon, Henry Parton, Alec Stephen, Rafe Rayment, Aston Burford and Tom Hobbs collected the trophy and their winners medals late in the afternoon today after a full day of 8 beautiful and undefeated games.
The boys beat: Tunbridge Wells, Blackheath, Beckenham, Hollingbourne, Chestfield (League); then Marden (QF), Sevenoaks (SF) and Plaxtol (Final).
The full squad of 10 each played their part in a really high quality tournament where every opposition team had come through qualifying to reach this finals day.
A remarkable 80 Kent teams entered the competition at the start of the season so to emerge as Champions is a real achievement of which the boys should be very proud.
Hopefully the memory of lifting the trophy will stay with each of the boys. Certainly there were many fine individual "champagne moments":
- Angus Hall sparkled as he led the team in all possible ways taking catch after catch in the field and repeatedly delivering as our top scoring batsman
- Harry Leach kept wicket beautifully taking a stunning catch, saving many extras and then bubbling over with real batting power
- Robert Vizard bowled with real fizzing pace and scored crucial runs on the final game
- Noah Flannagan batted with aggression and took a stinging catch that was so spectacular spectators from another game came across to say cheers to him
- Archie Steddon caught well and ran with a super zest between the wickets
- Henry Parton resolute when fending off some real zingy opening and closing bowlers, then he hit out
- Alec Stephen used his sprightly running to great effect in the field and between the wickets
- Rafe Rayment took a rare and lovely rounded hatrick!!
- Aston Burford bowled with pace and he was effervescent in cheering on the team
- Tom Hobbs took an extraordinary corker of a catch which drew gasps from the crowd and bowled with super rhythm
The team spirit was irrepressible today. The boys played with exuberance and sparkled with a frothing brilliance. They should all be very proud.
After all, CHCC U9s are The KCB Super 8 Champions 2015!